Tuesday, February 11, 2014

First Semester... Ruin?

High School started. We are going through what some people call "the best years of their life", and others refer to as a tragedy. Ninth grade was good enough for most of us, due to the benevolent attitudes of the teachers, but tenth grade has been definitely tougher. I have gone through the first semester as if I were surfing the wave... backwards. I personally feel like this last semester was not good at all, not for me as a person nor for my grades and academic development. 

My grades in Academic Leadership were, as always, good enough for my content; but if I were to compare the rest of the school subjects I have been taking, these were not so good and the numbers were relatively low. My lowest grade last semester reached some poor 74% in Chemistry. I am ashamed of myself for putting such scant effort on my classes. 

I personally was in a difficult moment in my life outside of school, and I did not see the way I could have gone better, but now I see my mistakes and understand that the real problem was not the difficulty of the matter seen in class but the density of my feelings in that moment. This semester, I found who I am and who I want to be. Who I want people to see from me and what I want to do in life. It is all decided and it all diverged from last semester's rabid attitude I went through.

During these months yet to come, since my attitude towards my daily life was modified, my academic potential will be increased, as I would like it to be. I would like to study more for every class, enjoy the resources I have available and complete the work I am given to do at home, in time. These three factors will be part of a major increase in my development this semester.

For the time these recent vacations we had took, I found myself understanding my ideas and getting to know what I am meant to do in this life. I defined my personality and found my passions. I encountered my habilities, and this time I will indeed use them in my favor. For example, this coming semester I will be more responsible with my homeworks due to my relish for introducing events in calendars and making lists. 

Also, I will enjoy what I find gripping: art. I will start outside-of-school courses for art and self-discovery, and I will explore my artistic capacities from painting to sculpting and from designing to building models. This will help me get to college more easily, since I wish to dedicate my carreer to illustration and graphic design, and I will let my feelings be reflected in my art and just then I will see myself free of any influences of the social world we are into. 

What I see now that I did not see before, is the simple future in my own, bare hands. I have the power to manipulate it, palpate it even. I have to make my choices and choose my ways through life, seeing the easiest road and the toughest one, and knowing what to pick. Life is a long time, and I believe that if I do not enjoy it to its fullest then it will not have any purpose at all. Life should be enjoyed and surfed like a wave. This time, my board is heading straight to the beach, and I am not turning back.

How should I study? Here are some tips to get ahead!


Wondering where to take notes? This app is one of the best noting apps in the Store!

No comments:

Post a Comment